Friday, November 25, 2011

JR Martinez Grabs 'Dancing' Title



LOS ANGELES - JR Martinez joined a chapter of the fairy tale Dancing With the Stars ABC, by hoisting the trophy mirror ball with the show after the final victory Tuesday night.


Martinez, an Army veteran who often joked early in the season about how much of a stranger, he was on the celebrity dance competition, went to inspire millions of viewers with its story of recovery a landmine explosion in 2003 in Iraq.

During the final two-day event, Martinez, 28, and Pro Partner Karina Smirnoff, 33, was also quite impressed with their fancy footwork to win season 13 title, the first Smirnoff. "Thank you, America, believe in us," said Martinez.

After the show, an enthusiastic Martinez said: "I just breathe and take all in. It was such an amazing journey."

When he won, he said, the scene was "all cried and cried. ... I continued to feel that someone is coming to my belt. It was my 4-foot-11 mother. I kissed her and kissed her. I said, 'Do you think the 8 1 / 2 years, you were taught me to go? "



Smirnoff said, "It was an emotional two days. This is what we worked for 10 weeks. "

Tuesday night the final, Martinez started with a lift Jive, dance music duo's Week 2 - "energetic, fast, fun, fun, fun," said Judge Bruno Tonioli, although the judges noted some problems and gave the couple a score of 28 - and an "instant samba" for Ricky Martin Shake Your Bon Bon, who obtained a perfect 30th

Martinez, an actress who starred in the ABC are all my children before he left the aircraft in September, is also a motivational speaker pushing the power of positive thinking. And there was a lot of adversity to overcome, before taking the crown. While his performance was not affected by his war wounds, Martinez has dealt with a persistent ankle injury and a late-season swoon.

Before showing Monday, Smirnoff was so sure of the routine of the couple, she fell into tears on camera. During the first dance, performed a Cha-cha-cha, Martinez, a rare misstep, and it has been criticized by the judges. The duo scored warm and risked being overshadowed by their competitors, actress Ricki Lake, who took third place, and hard charging reality show star Rob Kardashian, runner-up.

"But if there's one thing about me, I always go back and fight," said Martinez. He returned to the rich and Smirnoff freestyle dance, which received a perfect score of judges and a standing ovation from the crowd.

After final Tuesday, Kardashian - said: "I feel really good, I would not have asked for more from myself has given us everything we could JR deserved to win this trophy - a piece of glitter still in its Hair of the show .... He worked so hard for her. "

(Your professional partner Cheryl Burke, also welcomed the progress of the brother of Kim, Khloe and Kourtney, "I do not think I've never seen this kind of transformation of any dancer is a great success ..")

"Third place is fine with me," said Lake. "I'm so happy to JR"

As he Martinez. His plans for the trophy? "I'll put on my bed and board, and he will travel with me. And after that, I'll put it on the grill of my car, driving around Los Angeles, beep my horn and make my own parade."

No comments :

Post a Comment