Monday, November 28, 2011

Best Buy CEO Brian Dunn Talks About His Favorite Gadgets






Best Buy CEO Brian Dunn is like a kid in a candy store. He loves gadgets to bring home and put them on the road when he raises is who he says three weeks of every month.

Dunn, who started at Best Buy in 1985 as a sales associate, climbed the ranks to become CEO of Best Buy in 2009. We met with active blogger Twitter (@ BBYCEO) and TV amateur sports Best Buy headquarters in Minneapolis to talk about their own technology.

This gadget accessories Road Warrior

A backpack weighing "40 pounds" filled with a laptop, iPad 2 and Samsung Galaxy S tablets, iPhone and Android phones Nexus S.

Hauling so "helps me do my job," says Dunn. "I need to understand the technologies customers come into our stores looking for, and I'm a little sick here."

Facebook friends: It is maxed to 5000



"Friends" are for the most Best Buy employees and industry contacts. "It's a big part of the community Best Buy I love being able to interact with my employees that I like to hear about what our people are to hear, see, experience .." - Even when she is negative. "This is real life. It would not do me good if it was just green grass and high tides. "

Music

Best Buy still sells CDs, and Dunn, still listens to his car.

"I like your music loud." Sub-bass of his vehicle, Dunn says, "I like to turn up the volume and the CD-ROM, which is like nothing else."

Also on

Dunn says he often checks e-mails and texts, even in the middle of the night.

"I have the phone at night. Sometimes I'll wake up at 3 or 4, and I have to be honest, I look to see what is coming. And then I go back to sleep."

Technology product that sells most underrated: Slingbox

Settop box owned by DISH Network, $ 179.99 starts, connects to your TV and you can watch the show in any existing Internet connection - by phone, tablet or computer. Dunn is called "in singing."

"I know it's not new technology," he says. But "go anywhere in the world, is with me - the phone, my tablet PC, my son's dorm room - It 's like the greatest thing."

With Slingbox connected to its DirecTV in Minneapolis, he has seen a recent Minnesota Vikings football game during a business trip to Boston. He and his children followed the act, via a Skype session to discuss his computer game. "It's not" I will use my technique, "it is a constant element of it, minute by minute. "

No comments :

Post a Comment